Gastronomy, Vineyards & Grands Crus on L'Austral
In partnership with Château Latour.
From Lisbon to Bordeaux, PONANT invites you to join an exceptional gastronomic and oenological cruise in partnership with Château Latour along the Portuguese, Spanish and French coasts. Get a different perspective on the Atlantic Ocean coastline during this 10-day trip aboard L’Austral.
Setting sail from Lisbon, the seven-hilled Portuguese capital, you will chart a course for the port of Leixões, from where you will reach the city of Porto. Capital of the northern region of Portugal, this “city of granite”, the centre of which is a UNESCO World Heritage site, is renowned for its wine.
Your journey will continue to Galicia and the city of Vigo, the biggest fishing port in Spain. Not far from here, Santiago de Compostela awaits you. This unmissable pilgrimage destination is home to a number of monuments from the Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque periods, testimony to its illustrious past.
L’Austral will then head for the capital of the Spanish Basque Country, Bilbao. Between daring architecture and the continuation of its ancestral traditions, you will be able to witness the city’s unique energy.
You will conclude your exploration of Basque Country on the French side with a stay in the city of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, before reaching the beautiful fortified town of Talmont-sur-Gironde.
During your last call in Pauillac, you will have the opportunity to make several visits and wine tastings at some very beautiful wine estates in the Saint-Estephe, Margaux and Pauillac appellations.
Your cruise will end in Bordeaux, the wine capital of the world.
- Culinary and Cooking
Innovative design, sleek shape and profile, refined interior decoration, friendly, intimate atmosphere: French designers and decorators have managed to give this ship a unique style and veritable signature of its own. Combinations of fine materials, colours and tones harmoniously livened up with touches of bright colour, elegant lines, discreet and subtle refinement… everything has been designed to create a unique atmosphere onboard, a veritable personality: the chic style and naturally relaxing ambiance of a veritable private yacht.
PONANT is the World Leader in Luxury Expeditions with ultra-modern, intimate ships, offering attentive service and well-designed itineraries that touch all corners of the globe. Every cruise is a blend of adventure, exploration, and discovery—all experienced in luxurious comfort, even in the heart of extreme landscapes.
Why cruise with PONANT?
• 12 luxury small ships, able to easily navigate small waterways and visit remote destinations not accessible by large cruise ships.
• Le Commandant Charcot, the world’s first luxury hybrid-electric polar exploration yacht, sails further into the polar regions (including the Geographic North Pole).
• The youngest expedition fleet afloat.
• The leader in luxury polar expeditions for over 20 years and cultural cruising for over 30 years.
• Over 400 awe-inspiring cruises, calling at over 450 ports on all seven continents.
• Experts on board our voyages of discovery and learning to enrich guests’ understanding of the destinations.
• An exclusive partnership with Smithsonian Journeys, the the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution.
• Understated elegance on board with French-inspired cuisine, fine wines, and chic design.
• Proud to partner with Sothys, Veuve Clicquot, and Ducasse Conseil. Ships feature fabrics by Pierre Frey, beauty products from Hermès, macarons by Ladurée, and tea from Palais des Thés.
• 100% of our staterooms have a sea view and 95% have a balcony (100% on the PONANT EXPLORERS).
• Attentive yet discreet service from an experienced, multilingual onboard staff and crew.
• Open bridge access (requires approval from Captain).
• “Clean Ship” certification for the fleet in recognition of their eco-friendly features.
• All-inclusive pricing with open bar, gratuities, port fees, and taxes (including Zodiac explorations/landings on expeditions).
• The world’s first underwater passenger lounge, the Blue Eye, featured exclusively on the PONANT EXPLORER ships.